At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR is currently in search for a Senior Drainage Engineer to work as a member of our Transportation Business Group. This individual will be expected to perform drainage and hydrologic investigations and design for highway and transit projects within the group. It is also expected that this individual will provide development of stormwater management plans and designs for other infrastructure projects in the area (including water and wastewater infrastructure projects). This will include conducting analyses to develop design options, designing recommended Best Management Practices (BMP), and preparing service deliverable documents. They may also work with others on drainage review assignments as well. They must be familiar with regional standards and permitting process including VDOT, MDOT, VPDES and MDE.
* BS in Civil Engineering required.
* MS in Civil Engineering or related discipline a plus.
* 10+ years of working experience related to drainage engineering
* PE required
* VDOT highway drainage experience required
* Design-Build project experience a plus
* Must be knowledgeable in erosion and sediment control criteria, stormwater management regulations and permitting processes.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to support marketing efforts.
* Experience with MS Office, Microstation, Geopak Drainage, HEC-RAS, FHWA hydraulic programs and all other software used for drainage design for VDOT Projects required.
* Must be self-motivated, be able to work independently, lead junior staff and work with a project team to completion of a task.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.